4. Franchise Support
As food service operators ourselves, we understand what it takes to run a successful family-dining restaurant franchise. As a 5 & Diner franchisee, you'll be part of a team that shares common values, aspirations and goals — the very ingredients that make us all the best we can be. The 5 & Diner Franchise Support Team ensures that all franchisees receive the knowledge, training and support they need prior to, during and after the opening of their restaurants. Our support covers the following areas and more:
Our focus is on getting each restaurant franchise open on time and on budget.
- Real Estate and site selection resources and criteria
- Prototype plans: furniture, fixture and equipment lists and approved suppliers at the ready to fit any concept design
- Store Development and Opening resources and criteria.
We provide a comprehensive training program for owners, managers and key staff positions.
- Held on-site and in our training center
- Hands–on learning and sharing of best practices
- Initial and on-going training to ensure continued success.
Operations and Management Manuals:
We provide a full library of manuals to support your 5 & Diner franchise investment and to provide the resources you need to be successful.
- Access to proprietary operations manuals documenting all of the 5 & Diner operational procedures
- Kitchen, server and staff manuals to support all training needs of the business
- Recipe and plate presentation manuals.
Marketing and Branding:
5 & Diner has a System Marketing Fund and resources to support the "Food, Fun & 50's" theme that keeps customers coming back.
- In-restaurant marketing support for the '50s theme and value driven menu
- Local marketing to drive new and repeat customers and higher average checks.
Additionally, 5 & Diner provides ongoing franchisee support which includes:
- Access to pre-approved suppliers and national purchasing programs
- Ongoing marketing manual guidance
- Ongoing operational, marketing and financial control consultation (as needed)
- Scheduled visits from Regional Management and monthly mystery shopper visits
- In-service training and/or retraining of restaurant staff, if needed.